Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director and Academy Program Director
Assist the Academy Program Director in providing clients with activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth in the community.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to work with adults with disabilities
Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
Ability to communicate effectively
CPR/First Aide certification
Some experience working with adults with disabilities preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assist Program Director to prepare materials for clients
2. Assist clients with physical needs and personal care, including bathroom needs and personal hygiene.
3. Assist in managing behavior of clients. This includes intervening in crisis situations.
4. Assume responsibility for learning and adapting to each client’s special medical, physical, communicative, and emotional needs.
5. Assist in supervising clients throughout the day in the Academy and community settings
6. Keep Program Director informed of special needs or problems of individual clients.
7. Be a positive role model for clients; support the mission of the SA Life Academy.
8. Maintain confidentiality.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling; regular heavy lifting of students. Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable diseases.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
SA Life Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, national origin, religion, ago, or disability.
To apply please click here.